Ok so I know that this is mainly a craft blog, but food is going to turn up here occasionally because I like it. And that pizza really was as good as it looks. If you can manage to take your eyes away for a bit I’ll let you in on my pizza making secret.
Just chuck anything on it. There. That’s it. What’s in your fridge? Throw it on. Homemade pizza is by far my favourite meal to cook because it doesn’t really involve any thinking. You just put on whatever you have and call it food. One time I didn’t even have cheese but I didn’t realise until it was too late so we cooked it and ate it anyway. It was really yum!
This particular pizza has on it, in this order (not that order is important here!):
- Tomato Paste
- Honey soy chicken leftover from the other night
- A sausage leftover from last night
- Red onion leftover from… not sure
- Roasted pumpkin leftover from ages ago (from the freezer I promise)
- Peas and corn leftover from last night
- Gherkin (always in my fridge, love it)
- Masterfoods Italian Herbs seasoning (always a good idea)
- BBQ sauce
- Mozarella cheese (bought when it was cheaper than our usual colby or edam, frozen)
- Edam cheese
Each time I make pizza it comes out different depending on what’s in the fridge. But that’s kinda fun, you never know what it’s going to come out like.
I should also point out that there is a range of random frozen things in my freezer to make life easier for me, we will get to that in another post, but that’s why I have tomato paste, bacon and roasted pumpkin just hanging around for pizza emergencies.
What do you put on your pizzas? Do you like a more traditional style or are you a throw-it-all-on type too?